A Word on Home Exchange
Some of the common reasons why people engage in Home Exchange - you might already have thought about them - are:
You are traveling in a way that is budget-, family- and even environmentally friendly.
Let us add this: Home Exchange is a "philosophy". It is a different way of traveling, which is connecting people from all over the world and lets travelers live like locals. You may call it Slow Travel. Slow Travel is about taking the time to engage with local people and to experience their culture. With a home swap you exchange much more than a location: culture, mindset, even friendship. We are convinced, this philosophy is attractive to families traveling with children as well as silver agers who are blessed with more time to travel than ever, and young professionals who deliberately are looking for an exchange for studies etc.
The JewettStreet community has all the key features a Home Exchange Community needs - for first-time home exchangers as well as veterans. Read on for more details:
Open Offers - Closed Community
Everybody (even non-members) can view and search all home exchange offers in our database. Try us and go to the listings page. Yet, we do not disclose personal information to anybody. Privacy of our members is of utmost importance to us and protects you from spam. How does it work?
- listings do not show personal information
- only members that place their own offer, can contact other members
- A contact request received by you always shows the identification ("Home ID") of the person who contacted you.
- only if you answer a contact request, you reveal your email address
- YOU decide when to pass on your personal information
It is our concern to only keep those listings in our database that are current and open for home exchange. For that reason offers from users with an expired membership are not visible online. In addition, each offer states the "last modified date", which shows you the date that an offer has been created or updated each offer states the "membership since" date, which shows you since when the offer's owner has been with JewettStreet.
JewettStreet is more than an online database. We are here for you by email, by snail mail, by phone. Try us! Personal Service is one the strengths that JewettStreet offers its members. We have various cultural backgrounds and have lived overseas for many years. There are many reasons you might want to contact us for:
- individual last minute calls
- assistance for creating a listing
- review of your listings
Whatever your question, we will help you find the best possible solution.
User-friendly Website and Powerful Features
Usability is one of our major goals. Our service thrives when the most needed and powerful features like the geographical search option are put at your fingertips. Features like the "breadcrumbs" navigation trail help you to find your way through our content pages. Other feature highlights include:
- create up to three listings per membership (your second home, your yacht, your spaceship - just imagine)
- add up to seven images per listing
- use a variety of search options, including reverse search and keyword search
Peace of Mind for the Home Exchanger
JewettStreet is a certified CHECtravel member club and welcomes CHECtravel members (CHECtravel membership is indicated on listings). Ursula Godwin Niesmann, the founder of JewettStreet, is a CHECtravel board member and mediator.
Our newsletter regularly highlights new listings and informs you about topics around Home Exchange and the JewettStreet community in particular.
Also, once in a while JewettStreet starts regional campaigns (like Vancouver, Berlin or Bavaria/Germany) initiated by last minute offers from JewettStreet members or simply because JewettStreet discovers a need for it. You can easily keep track of campaigns by
- receiving and reading our emails,
- regularly checking featured listings at the JewettStreet home page (right side)
- regularly checking the JewettStreet blog.
First-Time Home Exchangers: Your Success Is Our Aim
Setting up a Home Exchange is very different from booking a hotel room. Sometimes it is not easy to find the right place to go. JewettStreet therefore encourages all fist time home exchangers to be insistent: You carry out a home exchange in your first year at JewettStreet - or the next six months of membership are on us!
Looking for Answers?
Our FAQ section answers a collection of typical questions that come to mind when planning your (first-time) home exchange.
Jewett - Who?
JewettStreet has a heart and soul, JewettStreet has a face
The Street Topics section provides more information than you might expect. Here you find plenty of articles on and around Home Exchange and people living the home exchange way.
Who is JewettStreet?
- Find out more about us,
- read a personal testimony at the Editor's Desk, or
- take a look at the JewettStreet Blog once in a while.
What Our Members Have to Say About Us
Let our members convince you. Read their testimonials...
- We offer you access to 15'000+ listings through our partner agency at no additional costs.
- A guaranteed home exchange in your first year, or the next 6 months are on us!
- In addition, we give you a personal coaching how to increase your chances for a successful home exchange.
Who can beat that?
Have We Convinced You?
Join us now and experience the great home exchange spirit at JewettStreet!